“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty”
No matter what type of work you are applying for, everyone wants to see a CV.
A CV is your ’personal sales and marketing pitch’ for your next career move. Therefore, it’s vital to get it right!
You’ll find everyone will have an opinion on what a good CV should look like and none of them will be the same! There are also numerous websites and templates online – so it can be really confusing knowing which ones you should go with.
As an experienced hiring manager during my career as a Senior Recruiter at the BBC, I sifted through and read thousands of CV’s and know exactly what employers are looking for and what they do and don’t want to read.
So, what makes my CV Support Service so different?
I specialise in Coaching clients on how to write effective, tailored and professional C.V’s and cover letters. I have created C.V templates, examples and guides including a fantastic tool for creating the perfect Personal Profile which has been adapted by a Global Outplacement organisation and successfully delivered to thousands of clients every year.
I also don’t believe a complete stranger can write your CV for you! They have never met you, they haven’t experienced your career journey, they don’t know what you’re great at or what language you would use to describe your skills, strengths and attributes.
I see so many clients who have had a CV written for them who don’t have any ownership of their CV, struggle to qualify the content and language in an interview and find it hard to update it and maintain it by themselves afterwards.
Every CV needs to be tailored to each individual job. It also needs to get through Recruiters Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). So, one size doesn’t fit all!
I will work with you to bring your CV in line with industry standards and then I coach you step by step on how to write a really strong, tailored CV by using unique tried and tested templates, resources and tools to bring it altogether.
Once you know how it’s done, you’ll never need to ask anyone to help you write a CV for you again because you will know exactly what to do and how!
contact me to arrange an initial CV Review.
This will cover everything including:
- Overall Content and First Impressions
- Layout and Design
- Language (including spelling and grammar)
- Style (Reverse Chronological, Functional or Hybrid)
- Impact on your audience
If you decide you need further CV support, you can redeem the £15 off your first CV Support Session with me!
It’s easy to let your CV get out of date but not as easy to get it back on track.
I specialise in Coaching clients to create great CV’s. I have been doing this for years in workshops and with individual clients getting great results time and time again.
A strong CV will get you noticed, get you a networking meeting, telephone or face to face interview. It has to demonstrate your value to your audience quickly and effectively.
Studies show Hiring Managers and internal Recruiters take only around 30 seconds to decide if your CV goes in the ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘maybe’ shortlisting pile!
Most clients I see are making really fundamental mistakes time and time again in their CVs. They can often be quickly rectified and improved, once you know what you’re doing.
My CV support, templates, resources and one to one coaching will ensure you get it right.
What do you have to lose?
I can help you create a professional C.V that’s both unique and tailored to the industry or job you are applying for.
Once you have had your initial CV Review I will work with you using Skype or Zoom web conferencing on all these key areas of your CV:
- Identify qualities, experience and aspirations
- write a strong and engaging Personal Profile / Personal Statement
- Identify your transferable skills, strengths and achievements
- Record previous and/or current employment details
- Record training, qualifications and education
- Create a first draft C.V for your initial review
- Complete a final C.V
- A Free Cover Letter template
- A step-by-step CV Template Guide for ongoing support
- A step by step Infographic on how to adapt your Personal Profile to other jobs
You will also be able to redeem the £15 you paid for your initial CV Review off your first session.
Linked In is the World’s largest professional social media platform with over 500 million members worldwide. It enables you to network and engage with other professionals, employers, recruiters and businesses by building a strong portfolio of your skills and career.
However, it’s not just about creating an account and adding lots of connections. It’s vital to understand how to use it effectively and what it can do for you.
It is absolutely essential to have a strong network and an active LinkedIn profile and here’s why:
- You can significantly expand your network and create more employment opportunities by joining groups and discussions on various subjects you are interested in.
- It’s a fantastic opportunity to showcase your work experience and achievements, as well as highlighting recommendations and positive feedback from your work colleagues and clients.
- It will enable other companies to contact you more easily and will open up opportunities for Recruiters and Employers to Headhunt you for your skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- Using your network, you can search for existing contacts as well as new connections to help you get introduced to key influencers outside of your network.
- You can keep your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in your industry 24/7 across the globe and comment on and share what’s happening.
Linked In is continually evolving and changing, so it is important to keep up to date across professional Social Media platforms.
I have been using Linked In for over 15 years and have over 8 years experience of running corporate workshops and training courses as well as supporting clients through one to one coaching sessions on how to use Linked In effectively.
Book a free telephone consultation with me and I can discuss how I can help you.