Where are you now?
Where do you want to be?
What help do you need to get there?
Career Coaching is defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as:
“Partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honour the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self discovery
- Elicit client generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential”
In summary, successful Career Coaching is all about exploring career options creatively and unlocking personal potential, enabling clients to developing a strategy to achieve their goals. It is not about telling clients what they should do! It is particularly effective for individuals who feel they are at a cross-roads in their career and need help to find a suitable direction. Those who are finding it difficult to make the transition they want or for those who are unable to identify the changes they need to make in order to succeed.
Through using effective coaching techniques, I will help guide you through a tried and tested Career Coaching process which will take you through a number of stages. I will enable you to identify your Values, Transferable Skills, Strengths and Aspirations.
The role of a great Coach is to ask the right questions and most importantly to be a great listener. Your role is to do the talking!
We would work together to identify and break down career barriers and start building positive steps forward building your confidence all the way.
Together we would map out achievable and realistic goals and build an action plan for the short, medium and long term.
Finding a Career Coach is also a very personal, and for some, brave option to consider. So, it is really important to find a Coach who you feel comfortable with. That’s why I offer an initial telephone consultation free of charge so we can get to know each other and I can find out what help you’re looking for. Just book your free consultation from the contact page and I will get back to you within 48 working hours to arrange to call you on date and time that suits you.
I work closely with all my clients to get to know them by using practical and effective coaching techniques. It’s all about exploring your career options creatively and unlocking your career potential and getting you on the right career path.
It is particularly effective if you :
- want to completely change your career choice
- have come to a time in you life where your circumstances and priorities have changed and therefore your career needs to change with you
- you feel you are at a cross-roads in your career and want clarity
- are finding it difficult to make the transition you want
- are struggling to identify the changes you need to make to succeed in your current job
- have lost your job or been made redundant
- are looking to return to work following a career break or maternity leave
- are considering self employment or a more ‘Portfolio Career’
Individual careers coaching sessions are informal and structured. Each session lasts for one hour and can be face to face [depending on location] or via Skype or Zoom.
I ask Coaching questions to explore your skills, abilities, preferences, interests as well as personality traits. I channel all that information to build a picture of what you have to offer, what inspires you so I can understand what we need to do to move you forward towards your goal, step by step.
I will write up a summary after every session to capture key points discussed and agreed.
I will provide you with an Action Planner to capture your Career Coaching journey, along with additional exercises and resources to support you.
Please note however, Career Coaching, is NOT a quick fix or an overnight revelation! It is a journey and it takes time. You should be prepared to have a number of sessions over a period of time – 5 or 6 is recommended, but again, everyone is different.
Each session will help you to:
- empower you to take control of your career
- explore and evaluate your skills, strengths and values
- find out more about what really motivates you
- boost your confidence
- set realistic and achievable goals
- get clarity on how to achieve your goal(s) with support every step of the way
- move forward in your journey and closer to your goal, whatever that may be
Every session is followed with a valuable written summary and an Action Planner to help guide you towards reaching your goal along with practical exercises and resources.
“If you do not change the direction in which you are going, you will end up where you are headed”