Where are you now?
Where do you want to be?
What help do you need to get there?
Career Coaching is defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as:
“Partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honour the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self discovery
- Elicit client generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential”
In summary, successful Career Coaching is all about exploring career options creatively and unlocking personal potential, enabling clients to develop a strategy to achieve their goals.
It is not about telling clients what they should do!
It is particularly effective for individuals who; feel they are at a cross-roads in their career; need help to find career direction; are finding it difficult to make the transition they want; are unable to identify the changes they need to make.
Through using effective coaching techniques, I will help guide you through a tried and tested Career Coaching process taking you through a number of stages from getting greater self awareness through to taking action.
The role of a great Coach is to ask the right questions and most importantly to be a great listener. Your role is to do the talking!
We would work together to identify and break down career barriers and start building positive steps forward building your confidence all the way.
Together we would map out achievable and realistic goals and build an effective action plan for the short, medium and long term.
Finding a Career Coach is also a very personal, and for some, a brave option to consider.
It’s therefore really important to find a Coach who you feel comfortable with. I offer an initial telephone consultation free of charge so we can get to know each other and I can find out what help you’re looking for.
It is particularly effective if you :
- want to completely change your career
- have come to a time in you life where your circumstances and priorities have changed and your career needs to change with you
- you feel you are at a cross-roads in your career and want clarity on next steps
- are finding it difficult to make the transition you want
- want the confidence to get a promotion
- are struggling to identify the changes you need to make to succeed in your current job
- have lost your job or been made redundant
- are looking to return to work following a career break or maternity leave
- are considering self employment or a more ‘Portfolio Career’
A recent study by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) identified the following statistics on the effectiveness of Coaching:
80% of clients improved their self-confidence
73% of clients improved their relationships
72% of clients improved their communication skills
67% of clients improved their work-life balance
Coaching transforms thinking, giving clarity about the possible paths forward, even in uncertain times. Safely enabling you to step in to the unknown with confidence.
Coaching is all about exploring options creatively and unlocking personal potential, enabling you to developing a strategy to achieve your goal. It is not about telling you what you should do as the most qualified person to tell you what’s best for you is YOU!
Individual careers coaching sessions are informal and structured. Each session lasts for one hour and can be either via Zoom or face to face.
During each session I will ask you questions to help you build greater self awareness around your values, skills and strengths and what really inspires you.
I will provide you with a Personal Development Plan to help you capture and map out your Career Coaching journey. I will also send you additional coaching resources and activities to gently support you in between our sessions.
Please note however, Career Coaching, is NOT a quick fix or an overnight revelation! It is a journey. This is your time to invest in you and making a commitment to a number of sessions over a period of time.
A mininum number of 6 sessions is recommended for career clarity. However, if you are looking for a complete change you will need up to 12 sessions over a 6 month period.
Costs will vary depending on your circumstances and requirements. Once I have heard more about what support you’re looking for, I will send you a Coaching Information Pack with all the information you need to decide on next steps.
Contact me now to arrange your FREE 30 minute Career Conversation.
Each session will help you to:
- empower you to take control of your career
- explore and evaluate your skills, strengths and values
- find out more about what really motivates you
- boost your confidence
- set realistic and achievable goals
- get clarity on how to achieve your goal(s) with support every step of the way
- move forward in your journey and closer to your goal, whatever that may be
“If you do not change the direction in which you are going, you will end up where you are headed”